05 June 2014

A Craft Asylum Card

If you recall, a few months ago I posted that I won a Facebook contest run by Craft Asylum. You can read about it HERE. Well yesterday I finally received my prize. I figured it was coming soon when I saw their shows on Create and Craft.tv. Their goodies are so cute and the colours are fab. I received the Home Sweet Home set and here is the card I made from it today:

Below is a picture of what I received. I got thie 6" x 6" paper pad, the set of embellishments and the stamp set:


Like I said, I love the style and the colours. In my card I started with an orange card blank from my stash. I took one of the papers which was borders and used a few together across the card. I took the pink cardstock that was in the pad and used a Fiskars border punch called "Borders" and added it to the bottom and with 3 of their cute little brads. I added one of the kit's buttons to the heart with some pink embroidery thread tied in it. Then I stamped one of the little house stamps with green Papermania ink and punched it out with a 1" circle punch. I mounted it onto scalloped circle cut from the same pink card from pad. I also stamped the little cloud in silver ink and cut that out. The little sentiment is from one of the sheets of paper. It's just too cute, cute, cute!

Some notes about these Craft Asylum products:
Paper Pad (6" x 6") - Very nice paper, decent quality and the colours are sweet. The papers design are all great. I wanted to use them all. They even included some solid papers in there so you can have matching matting and layers! There are a couple of different sheet that have lots of toppers on them which are so nice to have when in a pinch.  On a scale from 1 to 10, I give these papers a solid 8

Embellishments - This comes with brads in 2 sizes , paper tags, buttons and ribbons. The brads are fab! The tiny ones are my fave but you get lots of the large ones. The quality of them is ok and comparable to Docraft quality. The paper tags are a bit meh. The button selection is good with different colours and sizes. The ribbons...cheap and you don't get a whole heck of a lot of it. Basically you get enough to do ONE card per ribbon and there are only 3 of them...not the greatest quality ribbon either. About par with what you would get as a free sample in a magazine. Overall I give the Embellishments a 7.

Clear Stamps - Ok...I am a stamp challenged person. I LOVE to stamp but my technique leaves much to be desired. So when I chose the solid colour house to stamp I knew there would be a bare patch...NOPE!!!! These stamps were nice and sticky and stuck to my block great. I got a perfect stamp the very first time I used. I usually stamp a practice first on some scrap because my stamping stinks so bad but my practice ones turned out great. I am well pleased with these stamps and can highly recommend them! I give these stamps a big old 10.

I haven't seen the prices they are charging so cannot tell you if their products are good value for money. I do hope they are somewhat in line with other brands such a Papermania. The quality is about the same, maybe a little bit better. So go ahead and have a punt. Grab one of their paper pads and/or stamp sets and have fun.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...