Friday, June 27, 2014

DSC #94 - Inpired by a Book

Howdy folks! It's Friday and it's time for our weekly challenge at Digitally Sweet Challenges! Out DT theme for this week is: Inspired by a Book. We got to chose a stamp to work with from our sponsor Bugaboo Stamps and you just KNOW I had to choose this one:

Wizard of OZ.


I made an easel card this week. Who doesn't love those?? I started with the Dottie Dorothy stamp from Bugaboo Stamps, printed it off 3 times and cut it out in different parts so I could create it in 3D decoupage. I used Promarkers to colour Dorothy and Toto. You can kinda see the shadows on her. I also printed off an image I found of the Emerald City off a Google search. I altered it a little in Photoshop by extending the grass and yellow brick road. The grass paper is an ancient paper I found stuck in my paper drawer. My sister, Cris, bought a pack of scrapbook paper for my daughter almost 9 yrs ago and I ended up with it. This grass paper was one of those. I though it would go alright. I created the sentiment myself all matted on green and yellow thick paper. I accented the Emerald City with Pearl Accents and made a pink poppy fiels with glue and 2 shades of pink glitter. I might go back and add a little something to the bottom corner like some pink flowers or something. I'll have a think about it...lol.

SUPPLIES USED:
Dottie Dorothy Digi Stamp - Bugaboo Stamps  (link goes directly to digi stamp page)
Promarkers
Emerald City Image - off Internet
Pearl Accents
White Cardstock base - Papermill Direct
Grass paper, yellow paper, green paper, pink glitter - from my stash
Tacky Glue, Pinflair Gel Glue (for doing 3D decoupage) and foam tape (for sentiment)

3 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...