Friday, July 18, 2014

DSC #97 - Orange Shades

H there...it's Friday and time for a new Digitally Sweet Challenge this week! The DT's mission, if we chose to accept it, was to create with shades of ORANGE. Our sponsor, Limited Runs Stamps, gave use our choice of image to play with and this week I chose a fun Retro Cupcake:


I made this cupcake shaped card for this week's challenge. I resized the cupcake to approximately 15 cm x 15 cm, it's actually a little taller than 15 cm. I printed it off on thin cardstock and cut it out with scissors. I then traced it twice on 300 gsm white card and cut those out as well. I coloured in the cupcake using my trusty ole Copic Ciao markers. On the circles at the bottom of the cupcake wrapper, I used a new product I got the other week. It's from Imagination Crafts and it's called Detail Sparkle in White Shimmer (link to product below in Supplies List.) It's kind of like Stickles but I like it so much better and I'll tell ya why...the glitter is finer, it flows better, the bottle is a bit bigger, AND best of all, it has a very long, thin nozzle with an attached cap. The nozzle is awesome on it and I liked how it flows as well. Defintely check them out!

I glued the printed out cupcake onto one of the thick card ones. On the other plain cupcake, I made a score line across the top so it would fold out the back once glued onto the top edge of the printed out one. While assembling I added a toothpick out the top, it's glued between the front and back of the card. Then I punched 2 circles, stamped a sentiment on one and sandwiched orange ribbon loops between them. I then stuck that on the toothpick. So easy to do.

SUPPLIES LIST:
Retro Cupcake Digi Stamp - Limited Runs Stamps (link goes to stamp's page)
White 300 gsm Card - Paper Mill Direct
White Shimmer Detail Sparkle -  Imagination Crafts  (link goes right to product page)
Orange Satin Ribbon - Ribbon Oasis
Sentiment Stamp - studio g+ mini stamp set (birthday)
Copic Ciao Markers
Black pigment ink
1.5 inch circle punch
Toothpick
Tacky Glue




2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...