24 November 2014

Bearly Mine Inspirational Post

I know I know...I'm a day late with my Inspirational Post for Bearly Mine Designs Challenges. I had it all set up to go for TODAY only I'm a day late...UGH. Ah well I'm all posted now right? LOL.

I created this pillow box with handmade bow for a cute christmas wrapping out of the lovely digital creations of Bearly Mine Designs.

I used the Christmas Ice paper kit which you can purchase HERE.

 

This box turned out so cute! I started off with a pillow box template that I downloaded from the Box Template Store.com. I printed it and cut it out from thin cardstock as a template. Then I printed out one of the word Bearly Mine designer papers in ice blue on the same thin card. On A4 sized 100 gsm paper, I printed out a sheet of half pink snowflake and half blue snowflake papers from BM as well. I traced the template on the back of the worded paper, cut it out and folded it all together. I did NOT cut the slot for the tab at first but waited until I folded the box up as I wanted to make sure it lined up properly which was a good thing because the slot and tab to close the box DID NOT line up properly so I marked it lightly with a pencil and cut the slot then sharpened the creases of my folds so the box was sturdy. I also distressed all the edges in Spun Sugar Distress Ink. On the outside of the box, I added silver glitter chevrons and silver gems for a bit of bling.

For the bow, I cut 3/4" strips of the A4 snowflake papers then I looped them and attached them onto a small brad alternating layers. I liked the look of mixing the pink and blue. I distressed these with Spun Sugar as well.In the upper right corner behind the bow you can sort of see the stick pin I made to stick on there.

SUPPLIES USED:
Christmas Ice paper kit - Bearly Mine Designs
Pillow box template - Box Template Store
Silver Glitter Chevron sticker - Paper Cellar (from my stash)
Silver Gems from stash
Distress Ink in Spun Sugar
Long pin and beads from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...