09 May 2014

DSC #87 - Mother's Day

Happy Friday all! It's time for this week's challenge at Digitally Sweet challenges! This week our theme was Mother's Day since it's this Sunday in the US. Our lovely sponsor is Lunagirl and we were given a bunch of images to choose from.

I chose to use one image on a little hanging plaque that would make a quick, inexpensive gift for Mum.


Supplies List:

White coated Chipboard base - from stash
Pale green paint - I mixed 2 Dulux paint tester pots to get a yellowy green
Gold Paint - DecoArt Dazzling Mettalic Elegant Finsh in Glorious Gold
Flowers (Lillies, large roses) - Mulberry Crafts
Little Silk Rosettes - from stash
Gold Lace - from a kit bought from Fiona aka Jennings644
Matt Gold Mirror Cardstock - from stash
Spellbinder Dies -  Lattic Accents
Galleria Matt Medium
Distress Ink in Antique Linen

I painted the white side of the chipboard in the yellow-green paint and dried with heat gun. I then took some metallic gold paint and smudged it in one direction with my finger. This gave the background an antiqued look. I coated the printed Lunagirl image with matt medium to protect the inkjet print surface. I added the lace, lattice side boder and flowers. I used my Crop a Dile Big Bite to punch 2 holes in the corners and added a cream ribbon for hanging.

It was a quick project that would make a great Mother's Day gift that doesn't cost a lot of money.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning Dorothy, wouldn't have thought it a quick project though, A beautiful present for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Dorothy! Love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project Dorothy - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love all the laciness and silk roses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...