22 May 2014

My First Swap

Happy Thursday All! I'd like to show you what I received. I recently joined my first Swap Group on Facebook and just completed my very first swap ever! The group is UK-Ireland Craft Swaps. Since I am just beginning to get into Altered Art and Crafting, I thought I would start simple by entering a Tag Swap. We were to stamp with Stazon black ink on 10 tags with 10 different stamps and swap with a partner.

My lovely partner was Mandy and here is what she sent me:


She sent me some great stamped images that I know I can use in other projects. It's also customary to send other extra little goodies to add to our stashes. She sent me some really neat die cuts: a huge swirl, doves, teddy bears, hearts, little tulip blossoms and brackets. There were several of each, I didn't count them but I think there are 4 or 5 of each. The last item was a bag of sparkly goodness full of beads, flat backed gems, brads, resin pieces, bottle cap, etc.

I also sent her 10 tags with goodies but I didn't take a photo of them. I sent 5 white tags and 5 kraft card tags with seam binding ribbon that I colourised in 5 different colours. I did 2 in each colour as follows: 2 were spritzed with white pearl homemade glimmer mist, 2 spritzed with dark grey homemade glimmer mist, 2 spritzed with Mr Huey Tan Paint Mist, 2 coloured with Distress Ink in Dusty Rose and the last 2 I colored with Ranger Alcohol Ink in Cloudy Blue. The goodies I sent were a bunch of sheer ribbons in black, gray and white, a smal heart frame, 2 very large black roses from Mulberry Crafts, 4 Vintage images I printed out and coated in matt medium and 2 large panels of really interesting lace I recently bought. Mandy does lots of altered projects so I hope these will come in handy for her.

So I think my first swap was a success. I really enjoyed putting it all together. It was so much fun waiting for my parcel to arrive from Mandy and wondering if she would like what I sent her. I will participating in a few more swaps coming up so I'll be reporting how they go. If you like altered art and altered crafting and live in the UK or Ireland (or anywhere really as there are International swaps as well) then come join us over at UK-Ireland Craft Swaps...we would love to have you join in the fun!

Have a wonderful day and Happy Crafting!!!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...