Friday, March 14, 2014

My First Bookatrix

A friend of mine asked me to make her a card for her parents Golden 50th Anniversary and I agreed. I thought of a few designs and settled on an easel card...then I had an even better idea. I remembered that a long time ago someone gave me a bookatrix board. Funny thing that I foundit quite quickly in my mess of a craft room...lol. So I grabbed an old folder of peel offs and lots of white cardstock and away I went to making my very first ever bookatrix card.


I even created it's own stand and presentation box:


My friend just loved it as she had never seen anything like this before. I sure hope her parents like it as well. Thanks for having a look at my creation!

Here's my supply list:

White 300 gsm card (A3 sized) - Papermill Direct (I LOVE their card)
Gold peel offs in butterflies gold links, lines and fancy corners. Can't remember where these are from.
All white flowers  - Wild Orchid Crafts
Largest gold paper rose  - Hobbycraft  (white rose misted with homemade gold glimmer mist)
Folk Art Antique Gold paint (I painted the green leaves under the flowers in gold)

I would like to enter my bookatrix in the following challenges:

Crafting When We Can - Anniversary

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

Glitter n Sparkle Challenge - Anything Goes

Scribble and Scrap - Anything Goes

That Craft Place Challenge - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dorothy!

    I just LOVE your creation! It's absolutely beautiful...I've never seen anything like this before either & I'm POSITIVE that your friend's parents are going to LOVE it!!!!! You did a fab job hun...awesome, awesome work!!!!!

    I'm so very happy that you entered our Anniversary challenge @ Crafting When We Can & hope to see you back again on Sunday for our *Hearts & Flowers* challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the stand? I absolutely loved you bookatrix.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...